Thursday, July 26, 2018

Tiny Letter

So during week 4 of this course I began playing with Tiny Letter, the online tool that lets you send out newsletters to up to 5,000 subscribers. I thought this would be a cool tool to use in order to involve parents more in whats happening in the classroom or at school.

I began playing around with it and sending some newsletters to myself through this tool. I found out that at the bottom of the email it includes your address that is in your profile. As a teacher, I would not want my address going out to parents and students so I attempted to delete my address from my profile. Once I did this however, It would not let me send out an email. So what I would suggest if you are using this for teaching, to put the school's address instead.

I think this would be a great tool if your school doesn't already have Edmodo, team or school-wide newsletters. By sending an email directly to the parents it allows them to me more informed and hopefully more involved in the classroom and their child's learning. In terms of being beneficial to students, sending out a newsletter to parents holds them accountable for class assignments and projects.

This might be a good tool to send out if your looking for more parent involvement or student accountability, so check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment