Tuesday, July 24, 2018

What Your Friends Lists Reveals About Your Brain

While scanning through my social media apps I cam across this article  describing what your facebook friends list might reveal about how your brain works. It mentions being an information broker, or someone who connects people who wouldn't have known each other. If you are the person who connects friends together than you might be better at solving problems and be more successful than most people.

The article goes on to mention studies done relating to what social media networks reveal about our brain and thought process. This article in general made me start thinking about our upcoming PLN project and how my social network is connected to my thought process and what this says about me.

While I'm not sure if I am an information broker, I know I have a variety of friends and followers throughout my different social media accounts, friends from work, friends from school, and teacher accounts. But I think its a interesting thought that the networks I create are unique to me and no two people have the same.

Check the article out and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment